The Perfect vacation for the person who wants to spend time afield working with their Gun dog.
Penned and Wild Birds
Work both penned and wild birds including Pheasant, Sharptail Grouse and Hungarian Partridge.
Develop an in-depth understanding of what it’s like to work as a Pro Gun Bird Dog Trainer.
Available in July, August and September in North Central South Dakota
This highly unique experience option is for those folks who want to “tag along”, help out and get a taste of what it’s like to be a Professional Gun Dog Trainer.
It’s the dude-ranch for bird dog owners.
- Observe, help and learn the facets of our Seminars by working alongside a Professional Gun Dog Trainer with decades of experience.
- Train and condition your dog on our grounds with our guidance.
- Day trip or overnight out to South Dakota attractions like Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally or Devil’s tower and your dog can stay and enjoy his/her own vacation time with us!
- You’ll develop an even stronger bond with your dog.
- You will be engaged and empowered by developing an in-depth understanding of what goes into developing a high-class gun dog and the pride in having done a great deal of the work yourself.
- Learning in this environment allows you to participate in the training of multiple bird dogs and multiple breeds under the tutelage of an expert.
- You get to focus your limited time to working with bird dogs and having fun – not looking for grounds and birds and places to stay.
- You’ll have Fun, get tired from exercise and fresh air, and enjoy an experience you’ll recall fondly for a lifetime.
- Shared common areas – 3 bedrooms available.
- Single Occupancy room $85/night | $500 per week per single occupancy
- Double Occupancy room $100/night | $600 per week
- Exclusive Use – $300/night | $1650 per week if available – early booking suggested.
RV camping onsite or offsite (June-September)
- RV 5th wheel Rental full hookups – Onsite $50/night | 300 per week. (1 available)
- Dry camp $15/night – Onsite (we have potable water available onsite for filling tanks, dump site 9 easy miles away)
- Horses allowed, $5/night per head self-care. Hay available for purchase.
- Full hookup camping – Offsite $30/night | $150 per week. (9 easy miles)
- Working dog days – $100 per person per dog. Spouse/significant other $50 per person additional.*
- Additional Dogs (working) $30/day per dog
- Board/Train rate $40/day per dog (if space available)
- Board only Rate $20/day per dog
* Participant Disclaimer
Participants for this program must be in reasonably good physical condition.
This program requires a significant amount of walking over uneven terrain, up and down hills, stooping over, bending, and lifting.
It may include but does not mandate riding horseback and or All Terrain Vehicles.
As with any physical exercise and sporting endeavor, especially those working with and around animals and/or machinery, and/or firearms, there is a risk of physical injury and death.
All risks are assumed by the participant and an indemnification waiver is required to participate.
We suggest adding a night before and after working dogs, as it’s fun but tiring! Most folks book for 4 or 5 days, so 6 or 7 nights is the norm. And there’s a great Steakhouse 10 minutes away!
One person in their own Camper dry camped onsite with one bird dog 5 days and 7 nights would be $605 + tax.
A couple that takes a room at the lodge for 5 days and 7 nights with 3 dogs would be $825 per person or $1,650 total.
A group of 5 come for the same 5 days, 7 nights, each with one bird dog and take the lodge exclusively = $830 per person or $4,150 total.
Call now for more information and availability.
Monday – Saturday, 8-6 MT
Always leave a message
(we’re probably working with the dogs)
Calls returned within 1 business day
Gun Dog Trainer
13638 SD Highway 20
Firesteel, SD 57633
P: (605) 277-8900
Monday to Saturday
8am – 6pm, Mountain Time